Friday, January 7, 2011

Kindle Covers

The hubby got me a Kindle for Christmas! Which is funny because it was not long ago I said I thought the whole e reader concept was silly!  I have since (in the last 2 weeks)  read 7 books and I can not put the thing down!  I thought I would make some cute covers to house my new Kindle and I am having lots of fun in the process! I am still perfecting my design but I think the blue is my favorite style so far!






If you are interested in me making a custom cover for you feel free to email me at boutiquenutmegdesigns@hotmail.com.  I am asking $25.00 + S&H.

The fabric possibilities are endless....

Have you seen the new Soul Blossoms line from Amy Butler
I am in love!   This is the Joy & Bliss pallet.  I have some solids on order and
then it will become a new large wall quilt for my living room.  I can't wait!


I hope you all are having a wonderful start to this new year!
Meg

7 comments:

Ellyn said...

that's funny because I blogged today about the cover I made for my new Ipad. Love yours, very cute. One thing though, I hope none of your snaps are the magnetic ones? They can mess up your kindle.... I put one on my laptop case & hubby had a stroke!

MegN said...

Thanks Ellyn!

I did the research before adding the magnetic snaps to my covers and there have been no reported issues with these types of magnets affecting the Kindles. Your iPad case turned out super cute!

Heidi C. said...

Megan - hi it's Heidi from your Design Fun class! Love your blog - I too love fabric - I just don't have the time to sew right now but going to Joanns I'm like a kid in a candy store :) I have a blog also but haven't kept up with it. Thanks for sharing your blog!

Nicole @ Sew Much Sunshine said...

These are darling! So professional looking. Do you have an etsy store?

Emily Malsam said...

I would be more than willing to take that green apple one off your hands for my cold and lonely Kindle if you aren't in love with it =) They look awesome!

Madeleine said...

Hello Megan!

I think your designs are awesome. I would like to get a Kindle too. I live in Costa Rica and a newbie on blogs. I completely love to read, so I was looking for examples to make my own kindle cover, and yours are exactly what I was looking for. Congratulations !! you are a very creative and talented woman. Regards, Madeleine =)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Those covers are a great idea! and i love the collection of colourful fabrics you have! x