Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My New Sewing Room!


I have been slowly moving in to my sewing room! It is so wonderful to have a room I can call my own! Everything needs to be organized and I am looking for a great way to store all of my fabrics, as they are all still in boxes.
But it is coming along great! I have started to decorate by adding a few things to my room that have a special meaning to me! My grandmother gave me all of her wooden spools of thread, I love them! I found a bubble glass vase to display them in. I cherish the fact she pointed out a few colors and talked about which projects she used them for, it makes them all the more special. I think they look so pretty!This is my DQS8 Mini Quilt, I was super excited to get it in the mail last week! I found a perfect spot on my wall in my new sewing room to display it along with all of my other minis! I ordered this yummy pile of fabrics and I am thinking up some fun project to make.

I will have more photos of my sewing room soon! The rest was way to messy to photograph (haha).

I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Meg

2 comments:

michal said...

it looks really great, and yes, I think having a room to call your own is really something! I hope to have a little sewing space soon too, can;t wait to set it up!

Julia said...

You must have gotten your love for these beautiful colors from your grandmother. I love the way you are displaying her threads.