Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Year for Quilting Bees

I am in 2 great "online" Quilting Bees this year! I am so excited about the great groups of ladies I am working with.

The first group is called Bee Obsessed for this group we each have our own month we provide the them and everyone sends you a block or two based upon your theme using fabrics from their own stash. January was Kimmie and she choose black & white with a touch or red.
Here are the blocks I sent her!


My month is March this is my inspiration mosaic for my theme I would like stars in purple, pink orange and yellow! I can't wait to see what everyone sends me!
The next group is The Block Swap for this group we each have a month and we send out packages of fabrics to each gal and then they make the blocks with the fabric we provide and ship it back.
January was Hope, I love the fabrics she sent, here are the block I made for her. Her Quilt is going to look amazing!

February was Amber, I love her theme! The quilt is going to be for her daughter I can't wait to see how all the blocks come together! This is the block I sent her, I had lots of fun with the tiny house!I choose March for my month for this group as well, though I have no idea what my theme/colors are going to be. I did however just order 12, 1/2 cuts from Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley Collection!

What is your favorite quilt pattern? Any suggestions.......

Have a Happy Day! Meg

4 comments:

dorothy said...

Lately one of my favorite blocks is the pieced "cup and saucer block" but I love the variety you can get with 'Card Trick' blocks

sara said...

They are all cute but I LOVE the tiny house!!!!!

Stephanie said...

What great inspiration here! I am also in a quilting bee and want to do stars for my month, it's nice to see a bunch of stars all laid out like this. :) Those houses are cute also!

Grankhan said...

Woww I´ve seen your fantastic blocks and your lovely work and I thought maybe you´d like a thread organizer, check this ;)
www.elperrocarpintero.blogspot.com